Monday 17 December 2007


Hi! This week I spent with Malin and Lisa. We had a lot of fun.In Sweden we celebrate Lucia. Lucia is actually an Italian saint who we have made our own. All pupils went to the assembly hall early in the morning. Then came the Lucia procession. In the procession there are girls with long white dresses and candles in their hands and tinsel in their hair, Santa Clauses helpers, Star boys and one Lucia. She is also called the queen of light. Malin and Lisa were Santa Clauses helpers and me too. I had a beard and a little red knitted cap. Then we sing songs, very special for this occasion. We were really good.Next week I’m going to be with Simon.


Bye bye my dear friends/Buttons.

Say hi to Måna and Sven-Göran (Svennis) from me.


Read more about Lucia in Sweden: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Lucy Go to saint Lucy´s Day

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a nice time with Malin and Lisa and at the Lucia procession. I hope you enjoyed being Santa Clauses helper with Malin and Lisa. I hope you enjoy your time with Simon next week


Sarah, Dundee

Anonymous said...

that looks like great fun buttons is certainly a lucky bear he has had more fun than us i bet he is enjoying it in Sweeden lucia looks like a great celebration hopefully we will all experiance it at one point have fun buttons

from Rory L7A

Anonymous said...

If you go to Sweden you are very lucky because it is a great country but Buttons is even more lucky. I hope Buttons is having a great time in Sweden celabrating all of those events.
duncan, L7A

Anonymous said...

I am missing Buttons but I think he is having lots of fun with you and celibrating all the different things you celebrate in Sweden! Sven and Mana are having lots of fun with us and are going home with lots of people and enjoying themselves! I hope that Buttons enjoyed himself helping with Santa Clause!